Main Article Content
Concrete is a mix made up with fine aggregate, coarse aggregate, binding material as cement and water, which is used as a construction material. Concrete is used in almost all type of construction and cement is a very important ingredient to be added in concrete. Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC) is a common type of cement which is used. But OPC generates a huge amount of CO2 in the environment and thus increasing the pollution level. Geopolymer concrete is such a type of special concrete where geopolymer like fly ash, ground granulated blast furnace slags(GGBS), etc. are used instead of cement and thus making the concrete an eco-friendly concrete. In this paper, a general overview on geopolymer concrete has been discussed. This paper also focuses on the history andadvancements of geopolymer concrete along with its advantages, disadvantages, and applications in India. This paper also made a study of about various research works about the mentioned topic across the globe.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Supriya Kulkarni, “Study on Geopolymer Concrete”, vol: 05, issue: 12, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Dec 2018, e-ISSN: 2395-0056, p-ISSN: 2395:0072.
- Shaswat Kumar Das et. al, “An Overview of Current Research Trends in Geopolymer Concrete”, vol: 05, issue: 11, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Nov 2018, e-ISSN: 2395-0056, p-ISSN:2395:0072.
- Shashikant, Prince Arulraj G, “A Research Article on “Geopolymer Concrete”, vol: 08, issue: 9S2, International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering, July 2019, ISSN: 2278-3075.
- N.P. Rajamaneet. al, “Pozzolanic industrial waste based geopolymer concretes with low carbon footprint”, Vol. 88, Issue 7, The Indian Concrete Journal, July 2014, pp. 49-68.
- N.P. Rajamaneet. al, “Sulphate resistance and eco-friendliness of geopolymer concretes”, The Indian Concrete Journal, January 2012.
- Vahini M.et. al, “Study on Effect of Superplasticizer on GGBS Blended Geopolymer Concrete”, Vol. 2, No.2, Energy and Earth Science, 2019, doi:10.22158/ees.v2n2p45, URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.22158/ees.v2n2p45.
- C. Boopalan1and N.P. Rajamane, “An Investigation of Bond Strength of Reinforcing Bars in Fly Ash and GGBS Based Geopolymer Concrete”, MATEC Web of Conferences 97, 01035 (2017), ETIC 2016, doi: 10.1051/matecconf/20179701035.
- Chithambar Ganesh. A, Muthukannan. M, “A Review of Recent Developments in Geopolymer Concrete”, International Journal of Engineering & Technology, 2018, doi: 10.14419/ijet.v7i4.5.25061, Website: www.sciencepubco.com/index.php/IJET.
- Harsh Vardhan Singh, MaanikVatshyayan, “Mechanical and Durability Analysis of Geopolymer Concrete”, Project report of B.Tech, May 2019.
- D. Sabitha. et. al, “Reactivity, workability and strength of potassium versus sodium-activated high volume fly ash-based geopolymers”, Vol. 103, No. 11, Research Article on Current Science, December 2012.
- Lateef N. Assiet. al., “Review of availability of source materials for geopolymer/sustainable concrete”, Journal of Cleaner Production 263 (2020) 121477, April 2020, www.elsevier.com/ locate/jclepro.
- N.P. Rajamaneet. al, “ Sulphuric acid resistant eco-friendly concrete from geopolymerisation of blast furnace slag”, Vol. 19, October 2012, Indian Journal of Engineering and Material Sciences, pp. 357-367.
- Joseph Davidovits, “Geopolymer Chemistry and Applications, 5th edition”, ISBN: 9782954453118,March 2020, Published by: InstitutGéopolymère, www.geopolymer.org, www.davidovits.info
- Joseph Davidovits, “Geopolymer Cement A Review”, Geopolymer Science and Technics, Technical Paper #21, January 2013, Geopolymer Institute Library, www.geopolymer.org
- IkmalHakem Aziz, “Strength development of solely ground granulated blast furnace slag geopolymers” Construction and Building Materials 250 (2020) 118720, March 2020, www.elsevier.com/locate/conbuildmat.
- Prakash R. Vora, Urmil V. Dave, “Parametric Studies on Compressive Strength of Geopolymer Concrete” Chemical, Civil and Mechanical Engineering Tracks of 3rd Nirma University International conference on Engineering (NUiCONE-2012), Procedia Engineering 51 ( 2013 ) 210 – 219, doi: 10.1016/j.proeng.2013.01.030, www.sciencedirect.com.
- Ashish Sharma, Er. Khushpreet Singh, “Effect of Pet Fiber on Geopolymer Concrete Using Fly Ash and GGBS”, Volume 10, Issue 03, International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology, March 2019, pp. 2077-2084,Article ID: IJCIET_10_03_207
- B. Rajiniet. al., “Cost Analysis of Geopolymer Concrete over Conventional Concrete”, Volume 11, Issue 02, International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology, February 2020, pp. 23-30, Article ID: IJCIET_11_02_003
- CherdsakSuksiripattanaponget. al. “Properties of cellular lightweight high calcium bottom ash-portland cement geopolymer mortar”, Case Studies in Construction Materials 12 (2020) e00337, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cscm.2020.e00337, January 2020, www.elsevier.com/locate/cscm.
- T. Revathiet. al., “Evaluation of the Role of Cetyltrimethylammoniumbromide (CTAB) and Acetylenicglycol (AG) Admixture on Fly Ash Based Geopolymer”, Vol. 33, No. (2), Oriental Journal of Chemistry, February 2017, http://dx.doi.org/10.13005/ojc/330225, Pg. 783-792.
- R. Jeyalakshmiet. al, “Fire Related Temperature Resistance of Fly Ash Based Geopolymer Mortar”, MATEC Web of Conferences 97, 01034 (2017), ETIC 20 16, DOI: 10.1051/matecconf/20179701034
- B.Vijaya Prasad, P. D Arumairaj, “Recent Advancements in Geopolymer Concrete using Class-F and Class-C Fly Ash”,Volume-8 Issue-12, International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering, October, 2019, DOI: 10.35940/ijitee.L2599.1081219, ISSN: 2278-3075
- A. Suriyaprakash, G. Senthilkumar, “Experimental Study on Geopolymer Concrete using Steel Fibres”, Volume 21 Number 8, International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology, March 2015, http://www.ijettjournal.org.
- Keerthi. M et. al, “Literature Review on Properties of Geopolymer Concrete replacing Natural River Sand with mineral Admixtures as Fine Aggregate” Volume 8 Issue: 05, International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology, May 2020, ISSN: 2321-9653, www.ijraset.com.
- Kamal Neupaneet. al, “High-Strength Geopolymer Concrete- Properties, Advantages and Challenges”, Vol. 7, No. 2, Advances in Materials, 2018, doi: 10.11648/j.am.20180702.11, pp. 15-25.
- BadamiBhavinet. al, “Geopolymer Concrete and its Feasibility in India”, Proceedings of National Conference CRDCE13, 20-21 December 2013, SVIT, Vasad, https://www.researchgate.net/publication/281272443