Main Article Content
The project presents the actual stage of analysis and laboratory studies, undertaken in the frame of Post graduation program “Develop and Support Multidisciplinary Programs in Primordial technical Areas of National Strategy of the Research–Development–Innovation” aiming to produce to produce recycled aggregates with physical-mechanical characteristics suitable for use in rigid pavement construction. Recycled aggregates under investigation are obtained by crushing of cement concrete from the demolition of buildings in municipality. The main objective of the research is to achieve a higher economic value of the cement concrete resulted from demolitions by recycling and use in the construction of conventional cement concrete pavements(PCC – plain cement concrete) and roller compacted concrete pavements (RCC).An important benefit resulting by using recycled aggregates in pavement engineering is the reduction of the impact construction works on the environment by both limiting the exploitation of natural aggregates and the useof landfill construction and demolition wastes. Finally, a technical evaluation of the investigated recycled aggregates quality, in accordance with existing standards and norms, will be considered.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Marius-Teodor Muscalu and Radu Andrei.use of Recycled aggregate rigid Pavement construction March 23,2011
- Sura Jagadeesh1 J.Venkateswara Rao.Use of Recycled Concrete Aggregates in Rigid Pavements,7,July-2018
- Appiah, J.K., Berko-Boateng, V.N. and Tagbor, T.A., 2017. Use of waste plastic materials for road construction in Ghana.Case studies in construction materials, 6, pp.1-
- Ashish DK., 2018. Feasibility of waste marble powder in concrete as partial substitution of cement and sand amalgam for sustainable growth. Journal of Building Engineering. Jan31;15:236-42.
- Visakh Suthan Pallath , G.Gangha , N.Ganapathy Ramasamy. Experimental study study on strength characteristics of concrete with recycled aggregate and analysis of its Performance and Efficacy of Industrial Waste Materials in Road Construction: Fly Ash and Bagasse Ash. Airfield and Heffective uses in road works: 03 |Mar-2015,
- Anupam, A.K., Kumar, P., Ransinchung, G.D. and Shah, Y.U., 2017. Study on ighway Pavements 2017,p.45.