Main Article Content
The present study aims to find out the main and interactional effect of defence mechanism and background variables locale (2), gender (2) on first dimension of self expression of high school students. The study was conducted on a sample of 300 high school students. Stratified purposive sampling technique was used to data collection. 2x2x2 factorial design was used to see the main and interactional effect. Locale, gender and defence mechanism were the independent variable whereas scores on self expression was the dependent variable. Defence mechanism Inventory developed by N.R.Mrinal and Uma Mrinal was used. This inventory consist 200 items. It measure five dimensions of defence mechanism and self expression Inventory developed by R.P Verma and Usha Mishra was used to measure two dimensions of self expression. The Result revealed that the three way interactional effect between locale*gender*defence mechanism on first dimension of self Expressions of high school students have not been found to be significant. On the basis of the result obtained the above hypotheses has been partially accepted.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Cross & Markus. (1999). Cultural emphasis on an independent itself or an interdependent self can influence thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, ‘Indian Journal of psychology, 43,493-495
- Cyrulnik, B. (1999). La resilience it les mechanism psychology de resistance: http:// www.group mp .prg/conferences/ parcours -19-20/reliance Consulted on March 14, 2007.
- Freud ,A .(1937). The ego and the Mechanisms of defence. London: Howard Press, 7,336
- Gleser, G.C. and Sacks (1973). The specific use of defence mechanism. Journal of consulting and clinical Psychology, 34, 27-30
- Kim, H. S. & Sherman, D. K. (2007). Express yourself Culture and the effect of self-expression on choice. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 92, 1-11.
- Mrinal, N.R. and Singhal, V. (1981). The use of defence mechanism in adolescence. Twelth Annual conference of Indian Association of clinical psychologists, Kanpur
- Ramteke, B.S. and Mrinal, N.FR. (1984). Defence mechanism in defence personal. Indian journal of clinical psychology, 45, 17-19
- Tickoo, Sangit. (2004). Sense of deprivation and mental health among school students Journal of Abnormal Pschology, 70
- Verma, R.P and Mishra U (1977). Manual for Self Expression, National Psychological Corporation