Main Article Content
Challenges faced by the world today aren’t limited to a single sphere. Multiple avenues pose threats like never before; global warming with melting of arctic ice, raging fires in Amazon and Australia, humanitarian crisis of refugees, civil war in Libya and other parts of the world pose threats to the very Human existence . The very ecology is threatened on multiple frontiers due to these challenges. None the less, associated with this Health crisis of humongous proportions is causing catastrophe in various ways. As the world advances and countries strive to keep pace with development, the cut throat competition has worsened the health crisis more than ever. Imbalances brought by humans are no longer sustained by Mother Nature. As the environment changes rapidly Nature is unleashing its fury on us, and what could be truer in today’s world gripped by a Pandemic that’s unleashing its wrath. Looking back, we will see Gandhiji’s simplicity in laying down models for health and hygiene are more realistic and true than ever. As we move forward in post pandemic era, Gandhiji’s simple measures almost a century old, holds more value than ever before.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Gandhi, M.K., Key to Health, Nava Jivan Publishing House, Ahmedabad, 1948.
- Gandhi, M.K., Unto This Last, Nava Jivan Trust, Ahmedabad, 1956.
- Kripalani, Krishna (ed.), All Men are Brothers, UNESCO, 1958.
- Gandhi, M.K., Caste Must Go and the Sin of Untouchability, Nava Jivan Publishing House, Ahmedabad, 1964.
- Gandhi, M.K., Character and Nation Building, Nava Jivan Publishing House, Ahmedabad, 1959.
- Varma, Ravindra, Mohan Mala, Navajivan Mudranalaya, Ahmedabad, India.
- January 2019, pp11-16.
- Chakraborty, Bidyut & Pandey, Rajendra Kumar, Modern Indian Political Thought, Sage Publication, 2009.
- D., G., Tendulkar, Mahatma Life of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, Pub. Govt. of India, Ministry Of Information and Broadcasting, Patiala House, New Delhi, 15th August, 1951.
- Anand, Y.P., Collected Works of Mahatma Gandhi, (Vol-1to100), Publication Division, New Delhi, 1958-1994.
- Pathak, Bindeswar, Sociology of Sanitation, Chapter1-30, Kalpaz Publication, New Delhi, 2013, 2015.
- Rathi, Subhangi, & Bandopadhyaya, Anu, Baharoopee Gandhi Scavanger, Popular Prakashan, Mumbai, 1964.
- Gandhi, M.K., The Mind of M.K.Gandhi, Navajivan Publication, Ahmedabad, 1945.
- Chakraborty, Tushar, Prakriti Pragati O Sampurna Biplab, Ekok Matra (Bengali Journal), January 2019, pp-11-16
- http://www.mkgandhi.org website, 25-06-2020.