EFFECT OF FERROCHROME SLAG AS PARTIAL REPLACEMENT OF COARSE AGGREGATE ON STRENGTH AND DURABILITY OF CONCRETE
Keywords:Ferrochrome Slag, Coarse Aggregate, Compressive Strength Test, Durability Test, RCPT, Water Absorption Test
Concrete is the most regularly used man-made material on earth. It is an Important construction material used extensively in building, bridge, roads, and dams. The Ferrochrome slag (FeCr) is another material which can be used as coarse aggregate in concrete. Ferrochrome slag is the outgrowth of waste generated from the ferrochrome steel plant. The Ferrochrome slag having good mechanical and engineering properties acceptable for utilization as aggregate material in concrete. In the present study, Ferrochrome Slag is evaluated for its suitability to partly supersede the coarse aggregate in M25 and M35 Grade concrete. Current study is concentrating on the consequences of Ferrochrome Slag on the properties of concrete such as compressive strength, durability, water absorption, workability. The result foretells after using ferrochrome slag along with partial concrete shows higher strength and durability compared to conventional coarse concrete.
(1) N N Bashkatov (2020) “Utilization of ferrochrome slag in concrete production”
(2) Khalifa S. Al-Jabri (2018) “Research on the use of Ferro-Chrome slag in civil engineering applications.”
(3) Vemula Durga Bhavani1, Pasumarthi Sowjanya, Jonnalagadda Rakesh (2018) “Study on Coarse Aggregate Replaced by Ferro Chrome Slag”
(4) Dr. R. Dharmaraj, V.S. Karthikeyan, K. Manikandan, V.D. Praveen (2018) “Study on Strength Properties of Ferrochrome slag Aggregate as Partially replacement of Course Aggregate”
(5) M. E. Mubarak Ali, P. Narendran, T. Subash, D. Vasudevan (2017) “An Experimental Study on M30 Grade Concrete by Partial Replacement of Coarse Aggregate as Steel Slag and Fine Aggregate as Crumb Rubber”
(6) Manoj Kumar Tiwari1, Dr. Samir Bajpai and Dr. Umesh Kumar Dewangan (2016) “Steel Slag Utilization Overview in Indian Perspective.”
(7) Sathwik S R1, Sanjith J, Sudhakar G N (2016) “Development of High Strength Concrete Using Ferrochrome Slag Aggregate as Replacement to Coarse Aggregate”
(8) Yilmaz, A, Karaşahin, M.: Mechanical properties of ferrochromium slag in granular layers of
flexible pavements. Mater. Struct. Constr. 43(3), 309– 317 (2010)
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 IEJRD
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.