Main Article Content
The traditional method of retrieval of images using text based technique has various limitations, one of which is the huge amount of labor work required to annotate the image manually. The annotation process takes a lot of time. Another limitation is the interpretation of same image by different people differently which may lead to inaccuracy of results. To overcome these limitations we use visual concept detection. This paper proposes an efficient method of concept detection using various features such as color and texture. For extraction of color feature we use color histogram and color auto correlogram. Features related to texture are being extracted using wavelet transform and Gabor wavelet filter. For classification of images, Support vector machine (SVM) is used depending upon their categories and classes. Wang’s database is used for implementation. By using precision, recall and accuracy as evaluation parameters the performance of proposed system is evaluated
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Manpreetkaur and neelofar sohi, “A novel technique for content based image retrieval using color, texture and edge features”, International Conference on Communication and Electronics Systems (ICCES), 2016.
- Dr. Meenakshi Sharma & Anjali Batra,“ Analysis of Distance Measures in Content Based Image Retrieval”, Global Journal of Computer Science and Technology: G Interdisciplinary Volume 14 Issue 2 Version 1.0 Year 2014.
- Devyani Soni, K.J. Mathai, “An Efficient Content Based Image Retrieval System based on Color Space Approach Using Color Histogram and Color Correlogram”, Fifth International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies, 2015.
- Rajkumar Jain, Punit Kumar Johari,” An Improved Approach of CBIR using Color Based HSV Quantization and Shape Based Edge Detection Algorithm”, IEEE International Conference On Recent Trends In Electronics Information Communication Technology, May 20-21, 2016, India.
- KattaSugamya,SureshPabboju, Dr.A.VinayaBabu, “A CBIR classification using support vector machines” , International Conference on Advances in Human Machine Interaction (HMI - 2016), March 03-05, 2016, R. L. Jalappa Institute of Technology, Doddaballapur, Bangalore, India.
- Ms. Rinki Nag, Mr. Momin Aatif, Ms. Aarzoo Kazi, Zafar khan, “Color and texture based image retrieval”,International journal for research & development in technologyVolume-7, Issue-4, (Apr-17) ISSN (O):- 2349-3585.
- Arti, Astt.Prof. Nancy, “CBIR Processing Approach on Colored and Texture Images using KNN Classifier and Log-Gabor Respectively”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Volume 04, Issue 06 June -2017.
- Mohd. Aquib Ansari, Manish Dixit, Diksha Kurchaniya, Punit Kumar Johari, “An Effective Approach to an Image Retrieval using SVM Classifier”, International Journal of Computer Sciences and Engineering, volume 5, Issue 6.
- Diksha Kurchaniya and Punit K. Johari, “An Enhanced Approach of CBIR using Gabor Wavelet and Edge Histogram Descriptor”, International Journal of Signal Processing, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition Vol. 10, No. 10 (2017), pp.17-28.
- K. E. A. van de Sande, T. Gevers, and C. G. M. Snoek, “A comparison of color features for visual concept classification”, in Proceedings of the ACM International Conference on Image and Video Retrieval. 141– 150, 2008.
- Mark J. Huiskes, Bart Thomee, and Michael S. Lew, “New trends and ideas in visual concept detection”, the MIR flickr retrieval evaluation initiative, in proceedings of the International Conference onMultimedia Information Retrieval, ACM, 527–536, 2010.
- Yu-Gang Jiang, Jun Yang, Chong-Wah Ngo, and Alexander G. Hauptmann, “Representations of key point-based semantic concept detection: A comprehensive study”, IEEETransactions on Multimedia 12, 1, 42–53, 2010.
- Avi Arampatzis and Stephen Robertson, “Modeling score distributions in information retrieval” Information Retrieval 14, 1, 26–46, 2011.
- Ritendra Datta, Jia Li, and James Z. Wang, “Content-based image retrieval: Approaches and trends of the new age” In Proceedings of the 7th ACMSIGMM International Workshop on Multimedia InformationRetrieval ACM, 253–262, 2005.
- Neelima Bagri and Punit Kumar Johari, “A Comparative Study on Feature Extraction using Texture and Shape for Content Based Image Retrieval”, International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology Vol.80 (2015), pp.41-52.
- Gholamreza Rafiee, Satnam Singh Dlay, and Wai Lok Woo, “A review of content-based image retrieval” In Proceedings of the 2010 7th International Symposium on Communication Systems Networks andDigital Signal Processing (CSNDSP’10) IEEE, 775–779, 2010.