Main Article Content
The traditional methods of extinguishing fire requires physical presence of fire-fighters in the fire affected area. This can be lethal for the lives of fire-fighters. This paper illustrates the benefits of an autonomous mobile robotic device that is capable of detecting and extinguishing the fire, thus minimizing human contact. The paper presents an approach to develop autonomous mobile robot capable of steering to critical fire hazard situation and simultaneously provides live feedback through images. Upon detection of the fire, initiate the extinguishing action. This paper aims to implement an eco-friendly recharging method for the batteries used in the robot. The objective of this robot is to provide fire fighters a better insight of the situation and help them prepare a better strategy while combating the fire.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Archana B.T., K. Suma “Design and Fabrication of an Autonomous Fire Fighting Robot”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Volume: 06 Issue: 01 | Janauary 2019.
- Daniel J. Pack, Robert Avanzato “Fire Fighting Mobile Robotics”, IEEE Transactions on Education, Vol. 47, No. 3, August 2011.
- Ting L. Chien, Kuo Lan Su, Sheng Ven Shiau “Fire Fighting Robot”, National Yunlin University of Science Technology Douliou, Yunlin, 2014.
- MohdAliff, MI Yusof, Nor Samsiah Sani “Development of Fire Fighting Robot”, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and applications, Vol. 10, No. 1,2019.
- Jung-Hyun Park, Byung-Wook Kim, Dong-Jo Park, Moon-June Kim “A System Architecture of Wireless Communication or Fire-Fighting Robots”, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 2008.
- Igor M. Verner, David J. Ahlgren, Jacob E. Mendelssohn “Fire-Fighting Robot Competition and Learning Outcomes: A Quatitative Assessment”, Israel Institute of Technology.
- H. Amano “Present status and problems of fire-fighting robots”, IEEE proceedings of the 41st SICE Annual Conference, Vol. 2, 2002
- S. Daerie, K. Fisher, B. Rajala, S. Wasson “Design and construction of a fully autonomous fire-fighting robot”, Electrical Insulation Conference and Electrical Manufacturing and Coil Winding Conference
- Proceedings, 2001