Main Article Content
Data Mining is an famous and powerful technology which is of high interest in today’s computer world. It uses already existing data in different databases and transform it into new technology and research. It extracts new patterns for large datasets and the knowledge associated with these patterns. There is a large amount of data available within the healthcare due to availability of computer systems. The most important and popular data processing techniques are classification, association, clustering, prediction and patterns. In healthcare concern businesses, data processing plays a crucial role in early prediction of diseases. In general, to detect a disease numerous health related tests must be conducted in a patient. The usage of knowledge mining techniques in disease prediction is to scale back the test and increase the accuracy of rate of detection of disease. This research paper intends to supply a survey of current techniques of data discovery in databases using data processing techniques that are in use in today’s medical research particularly in Diabetes and liver Disease Prediction. The major objective of this paper is to evaluate data mining techniques in healthcare application to develop an accurate decisions.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Balpande, V. R., & Wajgi, R. D. (2017, February). Prediction and severity estimation of diabetes using data mining technique. In Innovative Mechanisms for Industry Applications (ICIMIA), 2017 International Conference on (pp. 576-580). IEEE..
- Hashi, E. K., Zaman, M. S. U., & Hasan, M. R. (2017, February). An expert clinical decision support system to predict disease using classification techniques. In Electrical, Computer and Communication Engineering (ECCE), International Conference on(pp. 396-400). IEEE.
- Bashir, S., Qamar, U., Khan, F. H., & Naseem, L. (2016). HMV: a medical decision support framework using multi-layer classifiers for disease prediction. Journal of Computational Science, 13, 10-25.
- Meng, X. H., Huang, Y. X., Rao, D. P., Zhang, Q., & Liu, Q. (2013). Comparison of three data mining models for predicting diabetes or prediabetes by risk factors. The Kaohsiung journal of medical sciences, 29(2), 93-99.
- Prakash Mahindrakar et al. 2013. Data Mining in Healthcare: A Survey of Techniques and Algorithms with Its Limitations and Challenges. Int. Journal of Engineering Research and Applications. 3(6): 937-941. (ISSN: 2248-9622).
- S.Vijiyarani and S.Sudha. 2013. Disease Prediction in Data Mining Technique - A Survey. International Journal of Computer Applications and Information Technology. 2(1).
- AbuKhousa. E. 2012. Predictive data mining to support clinical decisions: An overview of heart disease prediction system. IEEE Transaction onInnovations in Information Technology (IIT).`