Main Article Content
Electric vehicles are the means of sustainable mobility which works on batteries. Lithium batteries are currently being used for energy storage in the EVs. There are researches going on for best choice of cell materials to have a more efficient battery than lithium batteries. However, this paper focuses on the modeling approaches of managing the performance of lithium ion batteries. Firstly we discuss the need for modeling a management system for the battery and then we focus on the implementation of the BMS model
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- S. Lee, J. Kim, J. Lee, and B. H. Cho, “State-of-charge and capacity estimation of lithium-ion battery using a new open-circuit voltage versus state-of-charge,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 185, no. 2, 2008
- R. Li, J. F. Wu, H. Y. Wang, and G. C. Li, “Prediction of state of charge of lithium-ion rechargeable battery with electrochemical impedance spectroscopy theory,” in Proceedings of the 5th IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ICIEA '10), pp. 684–688, Taichung, Taiwan, June 2010.
- Davida Andrea,“Battery Management Systems for Large Lithium-Ion Battery Packs”
- A. J. Salkind, C. Fennie, P. Singh, T. Atwater, and D. E. Reisner, “Determination of state-of-charge and state-of-health of batteries by fuzzy logic methodology,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 80, no. 1-2, pp. 293–300, 1999.
- K. S. Ng, C. S. Moo, Y. P. Chen, and Y. C. Hsieh, “Enhanced Coulomb counting method for estimating state-of-charge and state-of-health of lithium-ion batteries,” Applied Energy, vol. 86, no. 9, pp. 1506–1511, 2009.
- O. Linda, E. J. William, M. Huff et al., “Intelligent neural network implementation for SOCI development of Li/CFx batteries,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Symposium on Resilient Control Systems (ISRCS '09), pp. 57–62, Idaho Falls, Idaho, USA, August 2009.
- I. H. Li, W. Y. Wang, S. F. Su, and Y. S. Lee, “A merged fuzzy neural network and its applications in battery state-of-charge estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 697–708, 2007
- Texas Instruments, “3 to 6 Series Cell Lithium-Ion Battery Monitor and Secondary Protection IC,” bq76PL536 datasheet, Dec. 2009 [Revised Jul. 2010]
- Maxim, 12-Channel, High-Voltage Sensor, Smart Data-Acquisition Interface, MAX11068 datasheet, Jun. 2010
- Wai Chung Lee; David Drury; Phil Mellor, “Comparison of passive cell balancing and active cell balancing for automotive batteries “,2011 IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference. doi:10.1109/vppc.2011.6043108