Main Article Content
Common problem of energy wastage in educational campuses is mainly due to lights and fans are on without any person inside the classroom. This condition occur because student leave the classroom without switching off the lights and fans. So, we can say that energy is wasted because it is handled manually. In this paper we are using campus card with microcontroller to overcome this problem. Campus card is basically a identity card of students and teachers. Campus card is very easy to use because it is available with teachers and students in campus. And we can place sensors at fans and lights. Campus card is basically a RFID. It will give the location of students and teachers in the classroom. And the sensors which are placed on the lights and fans will sense the information from RFID and this information is given to the microcontroller. When any student or teacher will enter in the classroom with the campus card. And if they are authorized to that classroom then only electrical appliances will be activated. Now the microcontroller will check the predefined value with the current value of sensors. If it is suitable then only lights and fans will be on.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Ansiya Jabeen, D. Mahesh, “Automatic classroom lighting controller and energy saving based on microcontroller unit”. International Advanced Research Journal in Science, Engineering and Technology, July 2016, ISSN (online) 2393- 8021 Sonali Gopal Umbre, Komal Dipak Yadav, Priya Laxman Phad, Namrata Shivsharan, “Microcontroller based energy saving module”, International Journal For Technological Research In Engineering Volume 3, Issue 6, February-2016, ISSN (online) 2347-4718.
- A.Somasekhar, B.Umakanth, “An intelligent lightening system for power saving applications”, International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT) – Volume 13 Number 1 – July 2014, ISSN (online) 2231-5381.
- M.H. Hussain, H.H. Hok, S.R.A. Rahim, N. Hashim, M. Ibrahim , “Microcontroller based Energy Saving System” . ResearchGate Conference Paper · November 2011.
- Nagnath Savant, Prof. A. B. Kanase, Dr. S.P.Patil, “Microcontroller Based Street Light Energy Saving System” IJSART - Volume 2 Issue 5 –MAY 2016, ISSN (online) 2395- 1052.
- P. Dilip kumar, B. Kishore, “Campus Energy Saving System with Auto-light Based on Campus Card “. October- 2017.
- Bikkumalla Sangeetha, H.Raghupathi,“Performance improvement and energy saving based on classroom based on campus card in embedded systems “. October-2017.
- G.Suvarna Lakshmi, “Cost effective energy saving system using rfid “, volume 6, Issue 1, feb 2017.