Main Article Content
Voting system using blockchain aims at providing the facility to cast vote from anywhere. It has the workability to allow casting of vote from any remote location. The election is held in full confidentiality that security is maintained in such a manner that voter can vote only if he logs into the system by entering the correct username and password. Voter will get the username and secret password to cast his vote. The voter will log into the system using his unique ID, they will then give his/her vote which will be stored into block-chain. Internet voting focuses on security, privacy, and secrecy issues, as well as challenges for stakeholder involvement and observation of the process. A new approach is proposed for voting system to prevent manipulation of the votes. Block chain overcomes the drawbacks of the previous voting system. It increases the security by not allowing the hacker to affect the rest of the nodes in the block chain. Voters can effectively submit their vote without revealing their identity or political preferences to the public. Counting votes becomes easy for the official since only one vote can be casted by each voter. no fake accounts can be created by anyone.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- A. Bin Yu, Joseph Liu, Amin Sakzad, Surya Nepal, Ron Steinfeld, Paul Rimba, Man Ho Au. “Platform-independent Secure Block-chain-Based Voting System” 2018.
- B. Freya Sheer Hardwick, Apostolos Gioulis, Raja Naeem Akram, and Konstantinos Markantonakis. “E-Voting with Blockchain.”2018.
- C. Rifa Hanifatunnisa, Budi Rahardjo. “Blockchain Based E-Voting Recording System Design” IEEE 2017.
- D. Sagar Shah, Qaish Kanchivala, Huaiqlan Mi.” Block Chain Voting System”,2017
- E. Ahmed Ben Ayed,” A Conceptual Secure Blockchaim - Based Electronic Voting System”, International Journal of Network Security & Its Applications (IJNSA) Vol.9, No.3