Main Article Content
The Internet of Things (IoT) exemplifies that the network of devices capable of acquiring and sharing the information. Often, these network devices use internet protocol (IP) to communicate with one another. In the Internet of Things (IOT), data blocks are packetized from different variety of sensors by IOT devices, which are located different regions and data is transferred across different networks. By 2030 several hundred billions of IOT devices are going to be connected, so communication techniques should be optimized, and even though transmission capacity and processing power of network equipment is enhanced. This paper studied various IoT network structure for IoT devices, which uses ZigBee, Bluetooth, WSN, Wi-Fi and 5G communication technologies. Each technology has some security features and also provides the security protocols that are used to communicate. The characteristics as well as drawbacks of these technologies and applications are discussed in comparative manner. The main objective of this paper is to compares the various communication technologies on distinct parameters specially based on packet processing performance that are best suited for such an applications of IoT.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- C.R.Srinivasan, B.Rajesh, P.Saikalyan, K.Premsagar and Eadala Sarath Yadav, “A Review on the Different Types of Internet of Things (IoT)”, Article in Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical and Control Systems, ISSN: 1943-023X, Vol 11, No.1 PP 154-158 January 2019.
- Wu, D. Shi, H. Wang, H. Wang, R. and Fang, H, “A Feature-based Learning System for
- Internet of Things Applications. ”, In IEEE Internet of Things Journal 2018.
- Soumyalatha,Shruti G Hegde, “Study of IoT: Understanding IoT Architecture, Applications, Issues and Challenges ”,International Journal of Advanced Networking and Applications(IJANA),ISSN:0975-0282,PP. 477-482,19 January 2019.
- Srinivasa A H,Dr.Siddaraju, “ A Comprehensive Study of Architecture, Protocols and Enabling Applications in Internet of Things(IoT)”,International Journal of Science and Technology Research,ISSN:2277-8616,Vol.8,Issue 11,PP.1768-1779, November 2019.
- Anna Triantafyllou,Panagiotis Sarigiannidis and Tomas D.Lagkas,“ Network Protocols,Schemes,and Mechanisms for Internet of Things (IoT): Features, Open Challenges,and Trends”, Review Article in Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, Volume 2018,Article ID 5349894,PP.1-24 10 November 2018.
- Jie Ding,Mahyar Nemati,Chathurika Ranaweera,and Jinho Choi, “ IoT Connectivity Technologies and Applications”arXiv,PP.1-26, 28 February 2020.
- Nityashree N.M., “IoT Network Architecture and Packet Processing In IoT Devices”, International Journal of Advance Engineering and Research Development (IJAERD), ISSN: 2348-4470, Vol.5, PP.222-226 Issue 05 May, 2018.
- I.R.Karunarathne et al, “Wireless Communication Technologies in Internet of Things: A Critical Evaluation”, ResearchGate, PP.1-9, 05 June 2020.
- Syed Sultan Mahmood and Pramod Sharma, “IoT Based Industrial Automation using Zigbee Communication Standard”, International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering ( IJITEE),ISSN: 2278-3075,Vol.9 Issue-4,PP.379-383,February 2020.
- Mukhtar Ahmad Sofi, “Bluetooth Protocol in Internet of Things (IoT), Security Challenges and a Comparison with Wi-Fi Protocol: A Review”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), ISSN: 2278-0181, Vol.5 Issue 11, PP.461-467, November 2016.
- Saminath.V,and Jung Su, “ Understanding of Internet of Things(IoT) and Experimental Approach using WICED sense in Android”, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications,ISSN:2250-3153,Vol.5,Issue 7,PP.1-6 & July 2015.
- Lin Zhang, Ying Chang Liang, and Ming Xiao, “Spectrum Sharing for Internet of Things: A Survey”, arXiv PP. 1-8, 10 October 2018.
- A Hendra,E Palantei,Syafaruddin,M S Hadis,N Zulkarnaim,and M F Mansyur,“ Wireless Sensor Network Implementation for IoT-Based Environmental Security Monitoring”, The 3rd EPI International Conference on Science and Engineering 2019 ( EICSE2019),ISSN: 1757-899X,Vol.1,PP.1-5,2019.
- Chijioke Worlu,Azrul Amri Jamal,Nor Aida Mahiddin, “ Wireless Sensor Networks, Internet of Things, and Their Challenges”, International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering ( IJITEE),ISSN:2278-3075,Vol.8 Issue-12S2,October 2019.
- Olaide O.Kazeem,Olubiyi O.Akintade, and Lawrence O.Kehinde, “Comparative Study of Communication Interfaces for Sensors and Actuators in the Cloud of Internet of Things”, International Journal of Internet of Things, Vol 6 No.1,PP.9-13,2017.
- Jekishan K.Parmar, Ankit Desai, “IoT: Networking Technologies and Research Challenges”, International Journal of Computer Applications, ISSN: 0975-8887, Vol.154, No.7, PP.1-6, November 2016.
- Lalit Chettri and Rabindranath Bera,”, “A Comprehensive Survey on Internet of Things (IoT) Towards 5G Wireless Systems”, In IEEE Internet of Things Journal, ISSN: 2327-4662, PP.1-18, 2019.
- Thays Moraes, Bruno Nogueira, Victor Lira and Eduardo Tavares, “Performance Comparison of IoT Communication Protocols”, In 2019 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (SMC), ISSN: 7281-4569, Vol.3, PP.3249-3254, 10 December 2019.
- Lin Zhang and Ying-Chang Liang, “Average Throughput Analysis and Optimization in Cooperative IoT Networks with Short Packet Communication”, IEEE xplore, ISSN: 0018-9545, PP.1-14, 2018.
- Daisei Uchida,Takafumi Fujita,Ken Hiraga,Takashi Shimizu,and Kazunori Akabane,”, “ A Study on Wireless Technologies Improve Communication Performance by Utilizing Multi-frequency Bands”,Vol.3,No. 3 PP.1-6,March 2017.
- Naresh Kumar and Deepak Upadhyay, “Analysis and Modification of IoT Packets”, Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (JETIR), ISSN: 2349-5162, Vol.6, Issue 4 PP.57-65; 26 May 2019.