Main Article Content
Human Resource Management is a group of people who work together to ensure that human resources are successfully managed for the benefit of individuals, society, and organizations. Since the pandemic, the current situation among employees has made the work-from-home concept necessary. It almost looks to be a win-win situation, where the employers retain competent staff while cutting costs, and the employees enjoy a home-like setting. A remote effort plan must provide a window into the workday of the remote worker so that productivity may be monitored. Workforces that work from home have job obligations that do not need them to be physically present at the office.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Ajay K Garg & Jan van der Rijst (2015) The benefits and pitfalls of employees working from home: a study of a private company in South Africa Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/283024276_The_benefits_and_pitfalls_of_employees_working_from_home_Study_of_a_private_company_in_South_Africa.
- Amabile, T., & Kramer, S. (2013). Working from home: A work in progress. Harvard Business Review, https://hbr.org/2013/07/working-from-home-a-work-in-pr
- Bailyn, Lotte. 1988. Freeing work from the constraints of location and time. New Technology, Work and Employment 3(2): 143-152.
- Barton, E. (2017) Working from home may hurt your career [Online] Available at: http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20170418-how-working-from-home-ruins-everything [Accessed 23rd April 2017].
- Bernazzani, S. (2019) 45 Key Remote Work & Telecommuting Statistics for 2020. [accessed 11 November 2020] https://www.owllabs.com/blog/remote-work-statistics
- Bick, A., A. Blandin, and K. Mertens. 2020. “Work from Home After the COVID-19 Outbreak.” CEPR Discussion Paper No. DP15000. Retrieved from https://ssrn.com/abstract= 3650114
- Bonacini, L., Gallo, G. & Scicchitano, S. Working from home and income inequality: risks of a ‘new normal’ with COVID-19. J Popul Econ 34, 303–360 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00148-020-00800-7.
- CSC MC No. 18, s, 2020, Item 5 Section 8, IATF Omnibus Guidelines on the Implementation of Community Quarantine in the Philippines with Amendment as of July 16, 2020.
- Fahlevi M. (2020). Impact of Work from Home (WFH) on Indonesian Teachers Performance During the Covid-19 Pandemic: An Exploratory Study. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology/IJAST, 29 (5), 6235-6244
- Fehr, Ernst, and Simon Gächter. 2000. Fairness and retaliation: The economics of reciprocity. Journal of Economic Perspectives 14(3): 159-181.
- Flaherty, C. (2020). Faculty homework. Inside Higher Ed. Teaching and Learning
- Ford, RC, and Butts, MA (1991), ‘Is Your Organization Ready for Telecommuting?’, SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075), 56(4).
- Gajendran, R. S. and Harrison, D. A. (2007). The good, the bad, and the unknown about telecommuting: Meta-analysis of psychological mediators and individual consequences. Journal of Applied Psychology, 92(6):1524-41.
- Go, R. (2016, May 9). The 7 deadly disadvantages of working from home. Retrieved from Hubstaff, http://blog.hubstaff.com/disadvantages-of-working-from-home
- Hill, E. Jeffrey, Maria Ferris, and Vjollca Märtinson. 2003. Does it matter where you work? A comparison of how three work venues (traditional office, virtual office, and home office) influence aspects of work and personal/family life. Journal of Vocational Behavior 63(2): 220–241
- Hamilton, E. (2002). Bringing work home: Advantages and challenges of telecommuting. Chestnut Hill, MA: The Center for Work & Family. Retrieved from Bringing work home : advantages and challenges of telecommuting (Book, 2002) [WorldCat.org]
- Jose Maria Barrero, Nicholas Bloom and Steven J. Davis Why Working from Home Will Stickhttps://nbloom.people.stanford.edu/sites/g/files/sbiybj4746/f/why_wfh_stick1_0.pdf.
- Kattenbach, R., Demerouti, E. and Nachreiner, F. (2010) ‘Flexible working times: effects on employees exhaustion, work-nonwork conflict and job performance’. Career Development International, 15(3): pp.279-295.
- Lee Stadtlander, Amy Sickel, Lori La Civita and Martha Giles (2017) Home as Workplace: A Qualitative Case Study of Online Faculty Using Photovoice https://scholarworks.waldenu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1220&context=jerap
- Lina Vyas & Nantapong Butakhieo (2021) The impact of working from home during COVID-19 on work and life domains: an exploratory study on Hong Kong, Policy Design and Practice, 4:1, 59-76, DOI: 10.1080/25741292.2020.1863560
- Luz, J.M 2009. THE CHALLENGE OF GOVERNANCE IN A LARGE BUREAUCRACY (DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION): Linking governance to performance in an underperforming sector
- Lupu, VL (2017), ‘Teleworking and Its Benefits on Work-Life Balance’, International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social Sciences & Arts SGEM, p. 693.
- Peters, P, Tijdens, KG and Wetzels, C (2004), ‘Employees’ opportunities, preferences, and practices in telecommuting adoption’, Information & management, 41(4), pp. 469–482.
- R.Sridevi, Dr. (2021). A Study on the Impacts of Work from Home among IT Employees. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/351064394_Utkal Historical Research Journal, ISSN : 0976-2132 Vol.-34(X), 2021 /citation
- Rupietta, Kira; Beckmann, Michael (2016) : Working from home: What is the effect on employees' effort?, WWZ Working Paper, No. 2016/07, University of Basel, Center of Business and Economics (WWZ), Basel
- Stevenson, B. andWolfers, J. (2009). The paradox of declining female happiness. American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, 1(2):190-225.
- surprising working from home productivity statistics (2021) https://www.apollotechnical.com/working-from-home-productivity-statistics/
- Wienclaw, RA (2019), ‘Telecommuting’, Salem Press Encyclopedia. Available at: https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=ers&AN=89185784&lang=sv&site= eds-live (Accessed: 2 May 2020).
- Ward H. 2017. “The Impact that Working from Home has on the overall motivation and Performance Levels of Employees Working within a Banking Organization”. A study of Human Resource Management, National College of Ireland, 2017 Retrived from https://hannahward.pdf (ncirl.ie)