Main Article Content
In order to study about the commercialisation of dress is one of the promoting factor of rape culture in India, at first we have to know what is meant by commercialisation of dress? where the bless of modernization and westernization, the people become highly westernised or using ultra modern dress, it is very attractive to look but sometimes these attractive dress become more harmful and dangerous for the younger or adult women. Mainly the dress manufacturer become more commercial in attitude always making dress for their more profit those who has strong belief on ultra modern fashion that can make only for their sale profit benefit. They never thought about traditional cultural values, manner, and etiquette and also they have no concern with the cultural and social values. So, their commercial motives and manufacturing a commercial dresses become gradually more harmful for young and adult women those who are wearing and using frequently this attractive and modern dress for their own personality development. In Indian scenario in contemporary Indian society system where repeatedly women have to face eve-teasing, assaulting and rape. But most of the time not only rape but rape and murder is happening very frequently, which is more pathological and so dangerous to our society, its a very vital social problems because where gender discrimination have a strong root in our patriarchal society. Where inhuman practice of dowry system has strong social sanctioned and also deprivation of women have become a normal social attitude, though where male domination, patriarchal values are more important than female. Not only male but most of the female never allowed more free and freedom of young or unmarried women for their jealousy and rivalry. But for frequent increase entry of rape and murder where has more responsible factors obviously but dress is one of them also where social media is very strong, which become most available for each and every group like child adult senior as well as most of the people are watching various kinds of necked and porn video etc. The country like India where a traditional culture, traditional value and morality is pravelling from thousands of year. But now the western culture and western way of life become frequent to people, who is imitating and using westernize as well as commercialize dresses.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Baker, Christina N. (2005). Images of women's sexuality in advertisements: a content analysis of Black- and- White oriented women’s and men’s magazines. Sex Roles 52(1). Pp.13-27. Retrieved from: www.reresearchgate.net
- Ben-Zeev, Avi,& Dennehy, Tara C. (2014). When Boys Were Pink: A Gendered Color Cue Violation Evokes Risk Taking. Psychology of Men & Masculinity. 15 (4). pp. 486-489. Retrieved from: www.semanticscholar.org
- Furr L., Allen (2018). Women, Violence and Social Stigma. Jaipur: Rawat Publication.
- Galdi Silvia, Maass Anne., Cadinu Mara. (2014). Objectifying Media: Their Effect on Gender Role Norms and Sexual Harassment of Women. Psychology of Women Quarterly. 38, pp.398-413. Retrieved from http://journals.sagepub.com
- Gueguen Nicolas, (2012). Color and women’s attractiveness: When red clothed women are perceived to have more intense sexual intent. The Journal of Social Psychology. 152(3), pp.261-265. Retrieved from http://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- Holmes, Mary (2009). Gender and Everyday Life. London: Rutledge.