Main Article Content
The article is devoted to description of innovative methods to adults. Innovative methods and technologies of teaching today are gaining increasing recognition and new opportunities associated with the establishment of interpersonal interaction. The author pays attention to choices of methods which should vary with different purposes, ages groups, and stages of mental development. A structure of modern process of teaching and its results is presented by the author. Some of the common learning characteristics of adult language and literacy learners as well as four guiding principles to teaching adults foreign languages are given in the article. In accordance with the selected characteristics and guiding principles the author considers it necessary to use some of innovative methods for teaching adults. Among them there are such methods as: method of direct instruction (J. Wiechmann and J. Grell), method of electronic self-directed education (T.M.Balykhina), method of pedagogic studio work (E.V. Nevmerzhitskaya), method of interdisciplinary projecting (S.E. Kaplina). The main methodological characteristics of the methods are described in the article as well.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Adult ESL Classroom Strategies and Lesson Ideas. Chapter 3. Global TalentBridge.(2012),Available:http://www.globaltalentbridge.org/toolkit/pdf/CH3_ESLStrategies.pdf (accessed 15 October, 2015).
- Bolshaya Sovetskaya Entsiklopediya. [Large Soviet Encyclopedia]. Moscow, Soviet Encyclopedia. Vol. 20, 1957. 514 p.
- Chen Jiamu (1997). The right methods for adults. On English acquisition/learning. Análise Psicológica, 4 (XV), 587-593.
- Kaplina S.E. (2013). The project's work organization based on the interdisciplinary ecological projecting method. Secondary professional education, 4, 11- 2.
- Kustov Yu.A. Preemstvennost' obucheniya v professionalnoy I vysshey shkolah [Succession of teaching in professional and high schools]. Sverdlovsk, ed. UrGPU, 1990. 117 p.
- Makoveeva V.V. (2012). Network interaction a key development factor of education, science and business integration. Tomsk State University Journal, 354, 163-166.
- Mendygalieva A.K. (2009). Problems of succession of person's formation. ChGPU Journal, 3, 107-118.
- Nevmerzhitskaya E.V. (2012). Method of pedagogic studio work. Secondary Professional Education, 2, 18-20.
- Nevmerzhitskaya E.V., Kaplina S.E. Innovatsionny vectorprofessionalnogo razvitiya [Innovative vector of education development]. Moscow, Granitsa, 2012. 288 p.
- Wiechmann, J. School pedagogics [Schulpadagogik]. 2. Aufl., Baltmannsweiler, Schneider, 2006. 386 p.
- Zainiev R.F. Succession of professionally oriented mathematical education in the system of «school-college-high school. Abstract diss. d-r. ped. sciences. Yaroslavl', 2012. 42 p.